The Global Environment Facility Small Grants Program (GEF SGP) in Uzbekistan has the honor to present to your attention and your partners attention the next issue of the GEF SGP newsletter.
The materials of this issue draw the attention of readers:
- on the existing problems of reducing the fertility of agricultural lands and the introduction of advanced soil protection technology No-till (zero tillage);
- on new land-use practices for the purpose of soil protection, rational use of mineral fertilizers with the help of the latest instruments and control means;
- to the existing problem of deforestation and proposes for implementation a mutually beneficial mechanism for the restoration of the forest ecosystem, both for the state and for the local population;
- to the increasing frequency of natural hazards in mountainous areas, such as mudflows, landslides, and offer a practical solution to prevent the consequences by restoring the vegetation cover;
- on the food theme and, in particular, the existing shortage of fish products in the country and offers the technology of intensive aquaculture tested within the framework of the GEF SGP project, in particular, the technology of trout breeding in Uzbekistan;
- on the achievements of scientists of Uzbekistan in the framework of a joint project to create an electronic database of plant diversity in Uzbekistan. Information about the project's achievements is presented in the form of infographics;
as well as news and events of the GEF SGP in the outgoing year.
We are glad to welcome the initiatives of national partners, as well as any participation on their part in future projects of the GEF SGP.
We would be grateful for your assistance in distributing the materials of this newsletter.
You can familiarize yourself with the materials of the bulletin by downloading the PDF file.